Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween!!!

Happy Halloween, everyone! I love Halloween.

In fact, I have a great Halloween joke to share.
How do you fix a jack-o-lantern?
I'll tell you at the bottom of this post!

This morning we found the most sincere pumpkin patch we could to pick out a pumpkin to carve. There were so many pumpkins there, all shapes and sizes! Some were so big I couldn't carry them!



I found the most perfect pumpkin to carve up. Nice and round!



I tried to carry it myself but it was a little bit too big. I had to just sit by and guard it until my dad came to carry it back to the car.

Then we went home and turned on It's the Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown to watch while I carved it up. First I took off the top and pulled out all the mushy insides. Then I drew on the face I wanted to carve.



Next I cut out the pieces really carefully with a sharp knife.



It looks pretty good, don't you think? But I have even bigger plans for it...

I took it outside and then I made it into...



A puking pumpkin!!!

My mom said "Ew" and said I was crazy. But my dad thought it was really funny, and so do I! It's sure different from any other pumpkins on our street!



Then it was time to go get dressed up and ready to go trick-or-treating!!



My Belle costume is so pretty. I took a picture inside, because I had to wear a coat over it when I went out - it was too cold! I'm pretty sure Belle wouldn't ever wear a coat over her pretty dress.

She probably wouldn't wear sneakers underneath either...



Once it got dark we lit the puking jack-o-lantern!



Then I set off to meet up with friends and collect as much candy as we could.



It was fun to see all of their neat costumes, and to compare our treats.



We had so much fun. Tricks or treats only comes once a year, and I can't wait until next October!



Ready for the answer to the joke?
How do you fix a jack-o-lantern?
With a pumpkin patch!!

Happy Halloween!

14 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great day! I love your puking pumpkin! (:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photo's as always .. wish my mama was that good at photo's or at least knew how to use half of the camera she has .. LOL!!

    Looks like you had so much fun with your friends .. we had travelors go with us this year but it was raining and cold so we did not get outdoor photo's .. some of us are wearing our costumes to bed. LOL!!

    Ta Ta,
    Kelsyee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pumpkin is really cool and your dress is beautiful! I'm sure you had a lot of fun with your friends.

    :D Kit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous night photography, Linnea.

    Candace

    ReplyDelete
  5. Piper! It looks like you had fun celebrating Halloween. I'm really envious that you got to trick or treat. I live in an apartment building and no one was giving out treats!

    Cool pumpkin!

    Your friend,
    Inky

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had tons of fun! Your costume is amazing, and all of your friends costumes look great, too!
    And I love your pumpkin! The last picture is absolutely amazing!

    --Lexii

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Piper,

    Your Belle costume turned out lovely! Your mom did such an awesome job making it for you. :)

    I love your puking pumpkin! I've seen them before, but I never get tired of them. They are so funny and such a great twist on the regular jack 'o lantern faces.

    Glad you had a good Halloween.

    -Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Salut, Piper!
    Wow...beautiful photos. I especially liked the first and last ones. I also liked your pumpkin- very unique idea. :)
    Your costume was very pretty, too.
    I hope you had fun!
    -Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your pictures are so beautiful, Piper! Your pumpkin is hilarious! But now my friend Jocelyn has a ton of crazy ideas.

    Emily

    p.s. great joke!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Piper, I'm just catching up and glad to see you had such a good time. Tell your mom she takes lovely pictures. Barb

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi, Piper! My name is Chelsea, and I share this account with my sister Laura! We just wanted to say you look like you had a fabulous Halloween! The puking pumpkin is kinda gross (Laura thinks otherwise, lol!), but you're Belle costume looks great! You are the perfect Belle!

    ReplyDelete
  13. The last shot was amazing!

    My pumpkin was a cat, much less creative than your puking pumpkin.

    Thanks for sharing! -Sophie

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think I have a new favorite photo: the last one of all the girls standing in their costumes with the moon up in the left corner!
    PS. I love Lucy's witch costume from It's the great pumpkin Charlie Brown :)

    ReplyDelete